What is the PCB manufacturing process
In today’s technological development, the research of the PCB manufacturing process is very important. Today, PCB is widely used, almost every electronic device, from electronic watches and calculators to computers, communication electronic devices, and military weapon systems. As long as there are electronic components such as integrated circuits, PCBs must be used. Therefore, the innovation and improvement of the PCB manufacturing process are extremely important, so it is important to explore a PCB manufacturing process that is easier to operate, reduce costs, and improve performance.
The following is an example of a PCB manufacturing process.
- 1. Issued.
- 2. The inner layer is pressed dry.
- 3. Exposure, filming with the PCB to automatically expose the film after exposure.
- 4. The inner layer is developed, and the unexposed dry film is removed by the developing solution to leave the exposed dry film pattern.
- 5. Acid etching, etching the exposed copper to obtain a PCB line.
- 6. To dry the film, the entire PCB circuit layer has been roughly formed.
- 7. AOI, the machine with automatic optical alignment inspection to detect whether there is an open circuit, etc. If this is the case, the PCB condition is checked and repaired.
- 8. Blackening, treating the surface copper with syrup, making the copper surface has a fluffy shape and increasing the surface area to facilitate the bonding of the two sides of the PCB layer.
- 9. Pressing, using a thermocom pression machine, after the press-fit reaches the required thickness and determines the complete bonding, the bonding work of the two-sided PCB layer is completed.
- 10. Drilling After inputting the engineering data into the computer, the computer automatically locates and exchanges drills of different sizes for drilling. Since the entire PCB has been packaged, and X-RAY scan is required to find the hole necessary for drilling the hole after drilling the hole.
- 12. The outer laminate film, laminated film. The purpose is to make the outer layer of the PCB.
- 13. Outer layer exposure.
- 14. Development of the outer layer.
- 15. Line etching, the outer layer is formed in this process.
- 16. To dry the film, after this step, the entire PCB circuit layer has been roughly formed.
- 17. Spraying.
- 18. S/M.
- 19. Visualization.
- 20. Spray tin, the board factory needs to surface treatment of the PCB, such as HASL, OSP, chemical immersion silver, nickel immersion gold…
- 21. Forming Use the CNC milling cutter to cut the PCB of the large Panel into the size required by the customer.
- 22. Testing, 100% circuit testing of PCB boards for customer-required performance to ensure that their functionality meets specifications.
- 23. Final inspection, for the qualified board, 100% inspection appearance according to the customer appearance inspection.
- 24. Packaging.
The PCB manufacturing process will vary depending on the PCB style of the manufacturing. The simplest PCB can have only a few solder joints or a few wires. In general electronic products, the number of solder joints in printed boards is tens to hundreds, and the complicated PCB manufacturing process may exceed 600 solder joints, such as computers. Motherboard, etc.